Re: Draw and Scribble Notes in GNU Emacs (Schematics)

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Draw and Scribble Notes in GNU Emacs (Schematics)
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 09:04:36 +0200

On Sun, Oct 03 2021, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> [[S/MIME Signed Part:Undecided]]
> I'd rather say it has everything to do with it. How are we supposed to perform
> note-taking? (For several years I have been interested in this subject
> and I have tested quite a bit of devices).
>
> There are the  following possibilities
>
>     1. You use the mouse. This however is not serious, at least I am
>        unable to scribble with the mouse.

Looking at the videos that Anand put on his site, the mouse is only used for
drawing. Text can be typed, either as part of the svg image or simply plain text
into the buffer.

Also, even though you can draw free-hand, there are convenience functions in his
package for drawing various geometric shapes.

>     2. You take what is called a passive tablet with a pen. Wacom is the
>        most known producer of these sort of devices. Last time I tried
>        them out, they did not run on GNU/Linux.

I owned one a long time ago and it was supported. My current distro even has a
section for Wacom tablets in the settings panel. But I agree, they're not useful
for writing longer text. I tried and failed. :-)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments