Re: [External] : Re: Do shorthands break basic tooling (tags, grep, etc)

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Do shorthands break basic tooling (tags, grep, etc)? (was Re: Shorthands have landed on master)
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 00:10:43 +0200

> > Tools that understand the symbolic nature of the Lisp
> > family of languages. For the example you have since,
> > Tools that rely on way or the other really on the
> > 'read' Lisp primitive.
>
> https://github.com/emacsmirror/el-search

Yes, thanks Drew.  Indeed I was wondering whether shorthands would break
el-search, but it was trivial to add support for them because el-search
is (solely) based on `read'ing.  Therefore it's slower than grepping of
course, but it's still acceptable (~ 10 seconds for the entire Emacs
Lisp code base)

> (Not sure that's the latest or best or only location.
> Ccing Michael H.)

Latest and best location is on my HDD, sadly, I did not update for quite
a while (actually since the change of the infrastructure of the Gnu Elpa
repo).  If anyone is interested I can post a newer version.

Michael.