Re: ELPA: New package: nano-theme

From: Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)
Subject: Re: ELPA: New package: nano-theme
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 07:07:40 +0200

Furthermore, I wonder why you define the commands nano-light and nano-dark, instead of two themes, nano-light and nano-dark (along
the
same lines of what modus-themes currently does). You could also turn nano-setup into a custom theme, so that the user can easily enable
and
disable it.

Maybe I need to read the documentation on what a theme can set. For example, I set the face for the minibuffer (0 & 1) and echo area (0 &
1) and I wasn't sure how to specify this in a theme. Same for
underline to be set at descent line, etc.

Not directly, but you could define a custom option/minor mode that is
activated as part of the theme to change these things too.

But then you need to load the theme and activate the minor mode, do you?. Having a (nano-light) command is more direct in my opinion and in any case, user is free to only load the theme the regular way.

- Lines 363ff. seem to be indented unconventionally. Maybe add a
  .dir-locals.el to make sure everyone is using the same
whitespace
  configuration.

I had a mix of space and tabs for unknown reason. Hopefully it has been fixed.

Nicolas