Re: master ec0527d 1/4: Use command substitution for exit-recursive-edit

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master ec0527d 1/4: Use command substitution for exit-recursive-edit
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 09:00:43 +0300

> From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org>
> Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 00:50:56 +0200
> Cc: Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>
>
> On Sep 18 2021, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>
> > branch: master
> > commit ec0527d8e9a7f12898c8fe9fdb6daec21c1d2ba8
> > Author: Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>
> > Commit: Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>
> >
> >     Use command substitution for exit-recursive-edit
>
> This breaks bootstrap.

Something to remember when moving code from C to Lisp: it might
introduce ticking time bombs into loadup.el.

Stefan, I see you reverted the change, but an alternative could be to
move loading of bindings.el in loadup.el to after help.el, or move
help.el before bindings.el.  If this doesn't break the build, it could
be an okay solution (but please add a comment about the order
dependency there).

Alternatively, you could modify the value of mod-line-modes in
startup.el.