Re: Fixing post-self-insert-hook.

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Fixing post-self-insert-hook.
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 09:44:00 +0100

On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 7:09 AM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 10:45:19PM +0100, João Távora wrote:
> > Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:
> >
> > > Actually, it was just 111, not 293.  Sorry.
> >
> > Are you familiar with the GitHub platform? It's averse to the FSF and
> > software freedom in some ways, but it also hosts much source code and
> > has a moderately useful search tool for code "in the wild".
> It may well be that those numbers are inflated by the fact that Github
> emphasises fork for things one would just do a branch (or just a local
> clone which then languishes unproductively).

But you can't be sure of that, and that's part of the point.

> Watch the denominator in your statistics ;-)

This is why I called the tool "moderately useful" ;-)

My point in providing numbers is to point out that there are
more than the occurrences found in Emacs source tree. I'll go
out on a limb and speculate "quite more".  For making that
point, I think those figures are just fine.

João