Re: Better emoji support

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Better emoji support
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:01:37 +0200

    >> On Sep 14, 2021, at 0:44, Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Iʼm finishing it up, and just need to test it on macOS. Is the end of
    >> the week OK, or does it need to be sooner?

    Jean-Christophe> If you need testers, let me know.

Iʼve just pushed it to master. Itʼs now based on Unicode 14, because
Eli installed the Unicode 14 changes before I got around to pushing
:-)

If youʼre not on a system with Noto Color Emoji installed, you'll need
something like

(set-fontset-font t 'emoji
                  '("Apple Color Emoji" . "iso10646-1") nil 'prepend)

or

(set-fontset-font t 'emoji
                  '("Segoe Emoji UI" . "iso10646-1") nil 'prepend)

to get a nice font used for them.

Robert