Re: Why not set Emacs development workflow based on the popular git forg

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why not set Emacs development workflow based on the popular git forges (GitHub, Bitbucket, Gitlab, ect)?
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 09:12:38 +0300

> From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 08:49:11 +1000
>
> To be proposing a whole new workflow just to facilitate the first step
> i.e. contributing a patch, seems to be a little too much and feels like
> it cold run the risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

This is something for the active developers to decide.  And we have
made that decision: we are willing to switch to a platform which makes
it easier for occasional contributors to work with us.  We are just
looking for a platform that will fit our minimal requirements, which
is likely to require some changes in even the best of the platforms.

So let's not keep arguing about whether this kind of change in
supported workflows is justified: we already made the decision, and I
see no reason to reverse it, not yet anyway.