Does a diagram of the key input subsystem exist?

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Does a diagram of the key input subsystem exist?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:54:43 -0400

So in an attempt to debug the input method I've been trying to write, I've been trying to understand how typed keys make it from the user up to the point where processing stops, and failing very miserably. The elisp manual has a maze of hints, but they're not nearly as informative as I would have hoped.

Is there anything like a document or diagram that lists the steps, translation tables, maps, etc. that every keystroke goes through in its journey? My guess is no, but I thought I would ask.

Perry