Re: Is vc-diff-mergebase broken on master?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Is vc-diff-mergebase broken on master?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 03:00:51 +0300

Hi Matthias,

On 30.08.2021 23:39, Matthias Meulien wrote:
I compiled from a clean Git repository with HEAD pointing to master
(a1887cc5e6) on both my personal computer and the one I use at work. And
vc-diff-mergebase is now unusable: Whatever I choose for the older and
the newer revisions, I get a "No changes between..." messages.

Am I missing something? I do lots of merge request review and use this
command on a daily basis, so I suspect a regression has been
introduced.

Am I the only one facing troubles with recent master and vc-git?

Thanks for the email. It is unfortunately fallout from bug#39452.

I just pushed commit d2ad64b which seems to fix vc-diff-mergebase, as well similar problems that could still remain in any less frequently used commands, check it out.

That said, new contributions to vc-tests.el would be quite welcome.

If there was even one test scenario in there that called vc-diff-mergebase, we wouldn't have let this bug slip by.