[ELPA/elpa-admin] Render README.org as ASCII with ox-ascii

From: Adam Porter
Subject: [ELPA/elpa-admin] Render README.org as ASCII with ox-ascii
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 17:52:42 -0500

Hi Stefan, et al,

Having added taxy.el to ELPA, I noticed that its README.org file isn't
very readable on the ELPA site, because it's rendered as a raw file,
including long lines that extend beyond the edge of the HTML PRE block,
raw Org-syntax, etc.

Thankfully, Org has an ASCII/UTF-8 export backend that cleanly renders
Org to plain text.  It only took a few lines of to make use of it.
Please see the attached patches.  (While I was at it, I took the liberty
of adding a couple of docstrings and renaming a few variables to help me
understand the code.)

Please note, I haven't built the whole ELPA repo to test this change,
but I tested the code on my taxy.el readme, and it returns a string like
the old function did, so it "should work."  :)

In the long run, as the TODO in the commentary says, it would be good to
render as HTML, but this is a big improvement for a very small change in
the code, so a step in the right direction.

Thanks,
Adam