Re: Structured debbugs list per project

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Structured debbugs list per project
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 17:43:48 +0200

tomas@tuxteam.de writes:

Hi Tomas,

>> > There's no reason to not have a web accessible bug mail archive
>> > indexed by bug number, for the webby folks our there. Perhaps
>> > debbugs could implement that... oh wait [1]!
>> >
>> > SCNR
>> >
>> > [1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/db/pa/lemacs.html
>>
>> Hmm. Something I shall add to debbugs.el as well? Shouldn't be that
>> hard.
>
> Michael, you rock :)

I gave it a first shot, pushed to ELPA. The commentary has been
extended:

;; If you want all bugs for a given package, sorted by severity and
;; whether already resolved, call
;;
;;   M-x debbugs-gnu-package

;; Per default it shows the bugs for package "emacs", but with a
;; prefix given to the command, different package names can be
;; specified (comma-separated).

It is not perfect, and the doc in the manual is still missing, but you
might give it a try. Pull the recent debbugs version from the GNU ELPA
repo, or wait a few hours until it appears as package in the elpa-devel
archive "https://elpa.gnu.org/devel/>.

> Cheers
>  - t

Best regards, Michael.