Re: Adding more tags for SHR

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Adding more tags for SHR
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 03:21:40 +0200

Jeremy Friesen <jeremy.n.friesen@gmail.com> writes:

> I've also sent my information to assign@gnu.org.

Great!  We'll be notified when the assignment is complete, but to ensure
that we don't forget to apply the patch, could you also send the patch
to the issue tracker (with `M-x submit-emacs-patch', for instance, in
Emacs 28).

> I went a slightly different route on the q-tag by having an "around" defcustom
> using a cons.  I also opted to default to a straight quotes instead of "curly
> quotes".

Sure; sounds good, too.

> I'm uncertain how I can set a :type that is either a 'string or 'nil.

Something like:

:type '(choice (const :tag "Default" nil)
               string)

But the current cons-of-strings is also fine.