Re: [NonGNU ELPA] Error during "make sync/highlight-parentheses"

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] Error during "make sync/highlight-parentheses"
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 20:47:52 +0200

> Tassilo Horn [2021-08-16 13:20:49] wrote:
>> I've just fixed a bug in the highlight-parentheses repository,
>> incremented the Version number, and wanted to trigger an update for the
>> NonGNU ELPA package by running "make sync/highlight-parentheses".
>> Thereby, I got the following errors (the "fatal: not a valid object
>> name" occurrences):
>
> These are harmless messages, actually.

Allright then.  Fatal errors from git make me a bit nervous. ;-)

>> Only the two commits d27ba136fd and 8d43acc799 are actually new but
>> it listed all commits since its the initial one (the [ ... snip...]
>> above).
>
> The list is relative to what you have/had in your local repository.

Hm, ok.  But I'm pretty sure I've seen that list (without the two most
recent commits) yesterday when I've added the upstream repo to
elpa-packages and ran "make packages/highlight-parentheses" so I assumed
it must already know those commits.

> Note that NonGNU packages are all auto-sync'd so you don't need to
> `make sync/<foo>` for them.

Ah, very good.

Bye,
Tassilo