./configure --with-native-compilation on macos (11.5.2 Big Sur)

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: ./configure --with-native-compilation on macos (11.5.2 Big Sur)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 15:10:13 +0900

On a recently checked out master branch I keep bumping into this error message:

checking for gcc_jit_context_acquire in -lgccjit... no
configure: error: ELisp native compiler was requested, but libgccjit was not
found.
Please try installing libgccjit or a similar package.

even though I have installed, reinstalled and reinstalled from source said
libgccjit (with brew).

I guess there is something trivial I need to do to fix that, but I can't figure
it out.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com