Re: Easy configuration of a site-lisp directory

From: dick
Subject: Re: Easy configuration of a site-lisp directory
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2021 14:49:23 -0400

CP> On a typical install Emacs takes you to the .el.gz, not to the .el in the
CP> original repo; whereas for C files in takes you to the original repo.
CP> That's what I meant by "work".

I hear you, but emacs would have to be telepathic to know that you wanted to
jump to your "working copy" .el's instead of the "installed copy" .el.gz's.

This is why true believers only ever run emacs from their git clone.  Running
the emacs executable from one's PATH or, to return to the original thread
regarding
straight.el, running package code from the default package-user-dir, is purely
for normies (among whom I am proud to number).