Re: Make ELPA and nongnu elpa more accessible

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Make ELPA and nongnu elpa more accessible
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 10:49:05 -0400

> I think both ELPA could use some improvement on accessibility, eg, change
> the raw readme file to a html,

I'm OK with generating an HTML version from some source version
(e.g. README.org or README.md), but I definitely have no intention of
editing/reading an HTML version of that file.

The intended audience is expected to be using Emacs, so the format
should be Emacs-friendly which HTML isn't.

[ Hmm... now that I reread the above I wonder if I have misunderstood.
  I'm talking about the (elpa|nongnu).git/README and admin/README.  ]

> mention nongnu on ELPA and vice versa, add a link to readme on nongnu
> ELPA, etc.

Sounds good (IIRC there are already suggestions/patches to do some of
that, which I have in my TODO list, and now that I can log into
elpa.gnu.org again I'm hoping to get to it soon ;-).

        Stefan