Re: On the adoption of transient.el

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: On the adoption of transient.el
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 14:08:44 -0700

Rudolf Adamkovi?0?0 <salutis@me.com> writes:

I think some of this stems from the fact that transient displays the
choices in a window that is actually not the "current window/buffer" in
the common Emacs sense  --- it does take some getting used to --- at
least in the beginning.

I've gotten used to it over time, but only after writing some of my own
Emacspeak wrappers --- on the positive side, the   transient author has
been very helpful in that process.

So on the plus-side, magit/transient does go somewhat outside the
"vanilla emacs box", but it's also a good opportunity to experiment with
new/newer interaction paradigms. I dont think this will cause Emacs to
go the Apple/Microsoft way since as a community, Emacs will never lock
itself down to one single  frozen way of doing UI.

(Or at least I hope so):-)

--

Thanks,

?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8