Re: Proposal: ls-lisp.el handle --group-directories-first flag

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Proposal: ls-lisp.el handle --group-directories-first flag
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 14:13:09 +0300

> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 22:59:13 +0200
>
> >> Since --group-directories-first is still there, then let bind works fine
> >> :-).
> >
> > Great.  I think this can be installed, as soon as you add the removal
> > of that option from the options' list.
>
> Yepp, included patch ls-lisp-p1.patch does it.
>
> A think to note is that -U will be ignored if --group-directories-first
> is passed (so does gls).

Hmm... bother: the need to add -U could be a problem, because users
don't necessarily want the list to come out unsorted.

If adding -U is to fix the order of the directories, then how about
using nreverse on the list of directories instead?

(Sorry about my slow responses, and thanks for working on this.)