Re: Help building Pen.el (GPT for emacs)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Help building Pen.el (GPT for emacs)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 08:38:27 +0300

Issues related to AI:
=====================

- obviously there are licensing issues, taking snippets from
  everywhere without contribution and licensing compliance have caused
  recently so much discussion and protest. I am actually glad for that
  as people are getting aware that GPL is protecting their work and it
  is now clear how much Github is abusing the GPL and other free
  software.

- And I do not think it should be in GNU ELPA due to above reasons.

To try the software functionality, I have pulled your Git
again. However, now there is directory change and installation is not
straight forward. Why don't you simply make an Emacs package as .tar
as described in Emacs Lisp manual?

See: (info "(elisp) Multi-file Packages")

or at least make sure that user can add the load path:

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "."))

and then:

M-x load-library RET pen RET

I cannot load it that way as it currently it asks for the package
`projectile' is it really necessary?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns