Re: Add hints to documentation of car and cdr for (e)lisp newcomers - ta

From: Basil L. Contovounesios
Subject: Re: Add hints to documentation of car and cdr for (e)lisp newcomers - take 2
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 15:38:17 +0100

>> What is the way to add examples to the shordoc display ?
>
> I think currently you need to add them to shortdoc.el.

FWIW, packages can also use the macro define-short-documentation-group
or function shortdoc-add-function outside of shortdoc.el.

Their only current limitation is that they require shortdoc.el to be
loaded, so external packages that wish to avoid that and the required
backward-compatibility dance will inevitably resort to using
(with-eval-after-load 'shortdoc ...).  I'm fine with that, though.

--
Basil