Re: Help debugging gnutls related issue, pls

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Help debugging gnutls related issue, pls
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 09:42:51 +0200

Hi Eli,

"cannot access" as in stays with the message 'Loading https://wikipedia.org/... " in the main buffer and "Contacting host wikipedia.org:443" in the minibuffer for ever.

More things

When I do an Esc-x p-l-p to refresh the packages I get the following in the messages
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
error in process sentinel: Error retrieving: https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/archive-contents (error connection-failed "connect" :host "elpa.nongnu.org" :service 443) [2 times]
error in process sentinel: Error retrieving: https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/archive-contents (error connection-failed "connect" :host "elpa.gnu.org" :service 443) [2 times]

However, when I delete the $HOME/.emacs.d/elpa directory and I restart Emacs, I get my selected packages downloaded and installed.

GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0, NS appkit-1561.61 Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G14042))
 of 2021-06-27

What else can I do help debug this?

Best, /PA

On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 at 09:18, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 09:14:12 +0200
>
> I have recompiled master on my MacOS High Sierra today and, surprise, surprise, I cannot load packages
> from elpa or melpa. I have pinned that down to some issue with GNUTLS, because I can't access the
> wikipedia with eww.

What does "cannot load" and "can't access" mean?  Please provide the
details of the abnormal behavior -- error messages, error codes,
anything.  Otherwise it is very hard to give you any advice or help.

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler