Re: cc-mode fontification feels random

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: cc-mode fontification feels random
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:47:28 +0200

On 11/06/2021 22:52, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> PS: I think we can expect 99% of Emacs users have a Javascript engine
> already installed (in the form of a web browser),

The JS engine in a web browser and node are two very different beasts.
The main problem with node is that it is very hard to get it to work in
a self contained way that does not involve downloading JS packages from
the network. I also anticipate some resistance in the Emacs community on
depending on the JS ecosystem where licensing is much more "liberal"
than within the GNU project.

Cheers,
Dan