Re: [feature/rcirc-update] Reconnects don't seem to work anymore

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: [feature/rcirc-update] Reconnects don't seem to work anymore
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:57:24 +0000

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Philip,
>
> at 11:59 I was disconnected from libera.chat.  In the server buffer I
> have
>
>   10:59 *** tsdh QUIT Ping timeout: 264 seconds
>
> and in channels, there is
>
>   0:59 !!! irc.libera.chat: connection broken by remote peer (closed)
>
> Usually, if that happened I'd just `M-x rcirc RET' again, and it would
> re-connect to all servers in `rcirc-server-alist' which are not
> connected anymore.

If you were to use /reconnect would that change anything? That is what I
tested, and I hope worked. But your method should continue working.

> Well, it still does that, i.e., I'm connected to irc.libera.chat again
> in *irc.libera.chat* but all channel buffers of that network show
> "(rcirc:disconnected)" in the mode-line and don't seem to receive any
> messages anymore.

I did encounter something similar, the issue was that rcirc-buffer-alist
was nil'ed unintentionally. What is the value of rcirc-buffer-alist in
the server buffer before and after reconnecting?

--
        Philip K.