Re: Re: GUI X-FreeDesktop integration

From: Peter Oliver
Subject: Re: Re: GUI X-FreeDesktop integration
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 19:57:24 +0100 (BST)

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

Recently, I started seeing the emacs daemon launched in my Linuxes and
emacsclient resulted in an emacs on my terminal (as in -nw) being started.

You can work around this with `emacsclient --create-frame`, although, as I
mentioned elsewhere, I don’t think the current behaviour makes much sense.

If you don’t want the daemon ahead of time then you can prevent it from
starting.  The command `systemctl --user disable emacs` should do the trick,
although you might want to raise with your Linux distribution whether it should
be starting by default.

--
Peter Oliver