splash screen column alignment

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: splash screen column alignment
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 15:26:53 +0100

Depending on the size of the font I use, alignment of the text in the
*GNU Emacs* buffer (which is done with single tabs) may or may not work
properly.  I’ve found this would be fixed by starting with 2 tabs
separating the columns, and then running:

(align-regexp (point-min) (point-max) "\\(\t\\)[A-Z]")

as part of the construction of the buffer.

I’ve attached some images showing

• the expected behaviour appearing by luck
• the flaw
• the fix (with whitespace mode enabled to highlight the point).

Dr Joseph A. Corneli (https://github.com/holtzermann17)

HYPERREAL ENTERPRISES LTD is a private company limited by shares, incorporated
25th, June 2019 as Company Number 634284 on the Register of Companies for
Scotland (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC634284).