Re: [elpa] externals/marginalia 94fc7f0: README: Add ELPA badge

From: Daniel Mendler
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/marginalia 94fc7f0: README: Add ELPA badge
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 15:18:37 +0200

On 5/31/21 6:56 AM, Daniel Mendler wrote:
>> Would someone be interested in helping us make elpa.gnu.org serve those
>> "GNU ELPA badges" instead of asking shields.io to do it for us?
>
> The shields.io code is available at https://github.com/badges/shields.
> It is of course possible to use that svg builder code during the ELPA
> build process. MELPA accesses shields.io during the build process, see
> https://github.com/melpa/melpa/blob/master/package-build/package-build-badges.el.

Stefan, I attached a "badge.sh" script which can be used to generate
badges without depending on an external service. It uses imagemagick
convert to compute the string width.

This script can be used as follows:

./badge.sh "GNU ELPA" "consult 0.8" bb3955 > consult.svg
./badge.sh "nonGNU ELPA" "markdown-mode 2.4" bb3955 > markdown-mode.svg

Depending on how the ELPA build process works it may make more sense to
convert this to an elisp script?

Daniel