Re: [ELPA] Display package description as Org-exported text or HTML?

From: Daniel Mendler
Subject: Re: [ELPA] Display package description as Org-exported text or HTML?
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 12:53:11 +0200

On 5/31/21 12:29 PM, Jean Louis wrote:
> * Daniel Mendler <mail@daniel-mendler.de> [2021-05-31 13:10]:
>> Is it possible to display a package description as Org-exported text or
>> even as HTML on the ELPA website?
>>
>> See for example http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/consult.html, which shows a
>> large Org source file as "Full description".
>
> That is not readable.
> Thus, it is best to provide README.txt in plain text.

Jean, did you read my question? I am asking how to avoid this problem
you are reiterating.

To make my question more explicit:

Why is ELPA not automatically converting README.org to README.txt and
using it on the ELPA website? Stefan Monnier advised me to not make
generated files part of the repository. Originally, I generated a
vertico.texi file from the README.org. Fortunately the ELPA build
process is doing that automatically for me now. It would be great if the
same build step could be used for the website.

Daniel