Re: Gnus: (documentation) bug? gnus-extra-headers

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Gnus: (documentation) bug? gnus-extra-headers
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 16:27:21 +0200

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

>> I just tried this myself, and scoring on "extra" headers does indeed not
>> work any more, so it seems like this has regressed recently(ish).
>
> Don't you need to regenerate the NOV files?

Ah, yes!  Thanks.

Or in the case of nntp, say

(setq nntp-nov-is-evil t gnus-nov-is-evil t)

because the "extra" headers aren't included in the NOV headers from the
NNTP server.  With those two set, scoring on the "extra" header works
for me.

Perhaps the manual should mention those in that section -- it does
mention the issue, but not how to work around it.  I'll make that change
now...