Re: master 42596bd 2/6: Little improvements in rmail.el. Recognize encry

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: master 42596bd 2/6: Little improvements in rmail.el. Recognize encryped override headers.
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 14:17:59 +0000

+    ;; Debbugs sometimes adds `[External] :'; if that happened,
+    ;; delete everything up thru there.  Empirically, that deletion makes
+    ;; the Subject match the other messages in the thread.

This is not accurate -- it's just Drew that insists on adding that string to his subjects. I find it pretty odd to add general code to Emacs to handle a single person's Subject mangling.

I don't think Drew does this himself. It's probably something that the MTA (mail transport argent) from Oracle adds. I've seen similar behavior from other people on other mailing lists, most often with [External] or [EXTERNAL], so I would make the comparison case-insensitive.