Re: Removal of facemenu preload - Text Properties menu

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Removal of facemenu preload - Text Properties menu
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 21:15:10 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Please don't move the Text Properties menu to Enriched -- it has
> nothing special to do with Enriched mode (although users of Enriched
> mode are supposed to use this menu).  It is a separate feature that
> can be used independently of Enriched mode.

Sorry; didn't see this until after I moved it.  But I think it makes a
lot more sense in the Text menu than in the Edit menu.  (Except for the
few items that seem to have nothing to do with text property editing,
like "Display Faces" and "Display Colors", which should perhaps be moved
somewhere else.

> It is, of course, okay to disable/remove it when facemenu isn't
> loaded, provided that loading facemenu enables/adds it back to the
> Edit menu.

I think having it automatically in the Text menu (with enriched mode) is
more helpful than not having it at all in the menu bar -- unless the
user loads facemenu.el.

But I have no strong opinions here -- feel free to move this around as
you wish.