Re: Emacs <-> Lua bridge

From: michael schuldt
Subject: Re: Emacs <-> Lua bridge
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 00:38:12 -0700

Hi Eduardo,

I didn't use it for anything. It was something a professor let me do for credit while in university
because I was one unit short of the semester minimum.

I thought it would be useful as a faster and more mainstream way of programming Emacs,
but it turns out I enjoy Emacs Lisp more so I found no motivation to continue working on it.
For a while I stopped caring about what other people wanted to use and started writing tools in
Emacs Lisp...I've managed to find the middle ground since then.

This was also before modules got added to Emacs so that wasn't an option, it had to be compiled in.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think this could be done with modules.
It extends core data structures and modifies things like garbage collection, I'm guessing
that's beyond the capability of a module.

Your mini-forth looks cool! I'll have to spend a bit more time checking it out...later.
Unfortunately I've been a bit too busy for the fun esoteric stuff lately.