Re: Increase default `line-spacing' to 0.05, 0.10 or 0.15 [proposal]

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Increase default `line-spacing' to 0.05, 0.10 or 0.15 [proposal]
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 15:21:27 -0500

Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:

> Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> I think this change might be appreciated by most users, but perhaps we
>> should accompany it by an self-evident graphic UI for changing the
>> setting.
>
> Adding it to the "Options" menu, perhaps?
>
> Maybe that could be a good idea whether or not we change anything else?

I'm looking into adding this to the options menu, but would we want to
do this for the current buffer, globally, or both?

My current thinking is that a user might want both, but this would make
the menu too messy.  So perhaps we can get away with only supporting a
global setting from the menu.  That should be the most common use-case,
and if a user needs even more customization they will have to do it
"manually".