Re: Proposing changes to adjust_frame_size

From: Yuuki Harano
Subject: Re: Proposing changes to adjust_frame_size
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 23:41:38 +0900 (JST)

On Wed, 5 May 2021 18:45:16 +0200,
        martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at> wrote:
>> Start Emacs with the iconic switch on like
>>
>> emacs -Q -iconic --load foo.el
>>
>> where foo.el contains
>>
>> (set-frame-height nil 20)
>> (set-frame-width nil 90)
>> (set-frame-parameter nil 'toolbar-lines 0)
>>
>> After that deiconify the frame.  What are the frame's height and
>> width
>> now - 20 and 90?

I tested on GNOME(Xorg) before merging master.

(frame-width)
86
(frame-height)
20

> And after fixing my latest thinko in Fframe_parameters as in commit
> e9baa733b8cac00e008cb834abc8712c8c00beed please try with
>
> emacs -Q
>
> in *scratch* evaluate first
>
> (setq frame (make-frame '((width . 60) (height . 20)
> (tool-bar-lines . 0) (visibility . nil))))
>
> then
>
> (make-frame-visible frame)
>
> and tell me what
>
> (frame-width) and (frame-height) give for that frame.

I tested on GNOME(Xorg) after merging master.

(frame-width frame)
56
(frame-height frame)
20

Note:
I tested on Xorg because pgtk didn't start with iconified state
even if I specify -iconic on Wayland.
Also, make-frame worked but make-frame-visible didn't work. So
I executed frame-width and frame-height on the first frame while
the second was invisible.
I'm going to debug those issues.

--
Yuuki Harano