Re: Buffer-local process environments

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: Buffer-local process environments
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 14:40:26 +0200

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 at 15:30, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> Can you explain why Eglot's way does not provide a solution for these
> situations?

Unlike, say, M-x compile with its `compilation-environment' variable,
Eglot does not provide its own mechanism to specify the environment in
which a language server is executed.  (For the record, I think this is
the correct thing to do.)

Still, there are several options to make Eglot launch the correct
language server: you can write a little wrapper script for language
server, or launch Emacs from a terminal with the correct environment,
etc, etc.  But setting `process-environment' and `exec-path'
buffer-locally is by far the most pleasant option in my opinion.