Async processes to be persistent even after exiting Emacs

From: Boruch Baum
Subject: Async processes to be persistent even after exiting Emacs
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 16:01:42 -0400

The standard built-in method that Emacs uses to spawn an asynchronous
processes doesn't enable those processes to survive the killing of their
process buffers, and certainly not to survive exiting emacs.

I've posted[1] a commit demonstrating a flexible method to optionally
circumvent those limitations. My use-case is my desire to be able to use
dired to open a file in an operating system's default external program
(ala xdg-open), and have that process persist even after exiting Emacs.

[1]
https://github.com/Boruch-Baum/emacs-diredc/commit/a46b61817610e4ad3824b5a87393217f1b3cdd2c

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0