Re: New warnings compiling emacs just now

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: New warnings compiling emacs just now
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 09:49:49 +0000

I'm compiling Emacs master right now (on macOS Catalina) and have detected a couple of warnings 'assignment to free variable repeat-map' (one in tab-bar.el and one in window.el) Which I haven't seen before...

I don't see any warnings, so please show the warnings you see.

I see them (and have seen them for a week or two), too:

In toplevel form: tab-bar.el:2093:33: Warning: assignment to free variable ‘repeat-map’ In toplevel form: window.el:10261:33: Warning: assignment to free variable ‘repeat-map’

Isn't this just the usual case of a stale lisp/ldefs-boot.el? IOW, I'd expect the warnings to go away when that file is updated to include the repeat-map autoload.

I don't know, but I don't think that's the cause. What I do know is that these warnings are displayed when running "make -j" on a fresh clone of the repository.

Hmmm... In fact you're correct: the autoloaded repeat-map is not added to ldefs-boot.el. I have no idea why.