Re: Strings properties and hash tables

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: Strings properties and hash tables
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 15:46:45 +0000

Andrea Corallo via "Emacs development discussions."
<emacs-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> before I try reinventing the wheel, is there a suggested and or
> precooked way we already have for having in hash tables string
> properties considered when the string is used as key?
>
> Ideally I'd just want to use `equal-including-properties' as test, but
> this is not one of the three stardard accepted tests of
> `make-hash-table', OTOH I can't trivially define a new hash table test
> because we have no `sxhash-equal-including-properties'.
>
> TIA
>
>   Andrea

Okay, so far to solve my problem (bug#47868, bug#47922) I've introduced
(in feature/native-comp) `sxhash-equal-including-properties' so I could
define my own hash table test.  If this is not the best solution I'll be
happy to go for the better one.

Thanks

  Andrea