RE: [External] : Miscategorised project.el user options

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Miscategorised project.el user options
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 14:49:45 +0000

> I have noticed that the user options project-switch-commands and
> project-switch-use-entire-map are missing :group tags. Therefore they
> are added to the project-vc group, as this is the last group that was
> defined.

IMO, it's misguided to encourage not using :group
explicitly.  That makes reading and manipulating
(e.g. moving) the code more error-prone than
necessary, and for no real gain.

It should be enough to say (as we do) that _if_
you happen to omit :group then the previous one
is used.

But in places like this mailing list, at least,
we can find outright encouragement of omitting
"unnecessary" use of :group, on the grounds that
that makes understanding or whatever easier.