Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 09:40:12 -0700

In the spirit of exerimentation I'd second what Stefan suggested,

Step 1: Create a selection oriented equivalent of completing-read

2. See how that works out --

3. Then, compare it with completing-read -- and see if we can derive a
   master composite function that handles both use-cases well.

   completing-read has been around for a long time which means: The
   good -- it has withstood the test of time -- and possibly bad: it's
   constraining  with respect to backward compatibility and trying new
   things.

   We've now experimented in Emacs with entire packages trying to offer
   alternatives;  let's now use that learning to move toward building
   the correct lower-level support functions, and the suggestion above
   is trying to be the next step in that process

--

Thanks,

--Raman
?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8