Re: Universal/prefix argument for "other window" redirection?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Universal/prefix argument for "other window" redirection?
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:56:31 -0400

> What I would like is to have all the cursor motion stuff, expression
> evals etc, work on in other window so I don't need to switch back and
> forth two buffers (I like to work with two buffers side-by-side). I
> wonder if there is already something I could use; prefix
> command/universal prefix whatever, to autmoatically modify behaviour of
> interactive commands involved or do I have to write my own (if it's
> possible :))?

OT1H you mention universal-prefix (which only affects the very next
command) but OTOH you say "all the cursor motion stuff ...".

For the "all the cursor ..." case, it seems you're saying all the
commands should operate on the other window, which is exactly what you
get after `C-x o`, so your description needs more details to know what
you really mean.

I don't think there's already what you want.
Gregory's code is a workable starting point for the "just the next
command" case.  Another direction might be the `vcursor.el` approach.

        Stefan