Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 14:08:37 +0000

Hello, Emacs.

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 08:35:06 -0500, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

[ .... ]

> * Language Help::       Help relating to international language support.

This has kind of grated with me for some while.  It feels like
"international" is being used as a euphemism for "foreign".  If we
really mean "foreign" that is what we should write.

Some of the languages we support are NOT international, but pertain to
just one nation.

As a suggestion, how about writing "non-English" in place of
"international".  That is surely what is meant.  After all English _is_
an international language, along with Spanish, French, .....

[ .... ]

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).