Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 17:56:49 -0500

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> A few comments:

Thanks for your detailed response.

> Your patch breaks search-forward-help-for-help, in which the " *Metahelp*"
> buffer name is hardcoded.

Yes, I have reverted that part (Eli commented the same thing).

> I would add "C-s to search, " after "to scroll,".

IMO that command is less useful now that this screen is not a wall of
text, so I'd rather avoid that verbosity.

> I find the last section name "Language Help" unclear.

This is the same name as the section `(emacs) Language Help'.

FWIW, I personally find it's clear from context, but if you have an
equally short alternative, I'm all ears.  (And perhaps we should then
also update the Info manual accordingly.)

> I would add "(see also M-x list-packages)" after "External packages".

This is a good idea, I think.

> Why did you put a blank line between where-is and apropos-command?

The intention is to divide this into two subgroups.