Re: Improvement proposals for `completing-read'

From: Daniel Mendler
Subject: Re: Improvement proposals for `completing-read'
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 21:49:59 +0200

On 4/7/21 8:39 PM, Jean Louis wrote:
> Your analysis is appreciated. I have not found anything in the
> description that would disturb my workflow with various completion
> packages, an I found few new of them to try out.

Thank you for reading through the proposals.

> I hope that new patch to icomplete as vertical is soon adopted, as
> best is when it is built-in into Emacs, though I don't like mode line
> jumping up when completing, I like new split window opened.

One could certainly add some display action which shows the results in a buffer instead. Selectrum supports this. But then I don't like that the mode line is below the buffer and my eyes have to focus on the mode line and the top of the buffer at the same time.

Daniel Mendler