Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 22:24:20 +0300

* Daniel Mendler <mail@daniel-mendler.de> [2021-04-07 19:57]:
> On 4/7/21 6:20 PM, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
> > Well that is because imenu presents the options in the minibuffer, and
> > you have to go through the menu step-by-step. What I'm talking about is
> > a direct hierarchical visualisation, that should be navigable with the
> > intuitiveness of org-mode.
>
> This is a bit vague. If we have a tree structure one can have some tree-like
> visualization (like the sidebar tree browsers) or have an outline like in
> org-mode. But how would you actually navigate quickly? Using Avy-like keys?
> What if the structure does not fit on the screen easily, what if there are
> cycles, ...?

I would like to have a tree structure to be able to select items in
the tree like the outline, but generated in the dynamic way. It is
similar to selection dialog.

One package I know that has something similar, is Semantic Synchrony:

Semantic Synchrony
https://github.com/synchrony/smsn

I am now using tabulated-list-mode to browse hierarchical trees and
select items, it is shown on this video:
https://open.tube/videos/watch/392f1a79-bd5e-4516-adf5-4ce9f73973c7

Sometimes it would be good to open sub-nodes in the same buffer and
select from same buffer, similar like it is shown in Semantic
Synchrony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2vX2oZmUUM

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns