Re: Simple isearch concerns

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Simple isearch concerns
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 20:10:19 +0000

And here is a micro-patch to fix that behavior.

+  ;; Terminate the search if point has moved to another buffer.
+  (unless (eq isearch-buffer (current-buffer))
+    (isearch-cancel))

Have you tested this with 'multi-isearch-buffers'?

No, because I did not know that multi-isearch-buffers exists. I see that it uses multi-isearch-current-buffer in a similar way than isearch-buffer, but currently I don't know anything else about multi-isearch-buffers, so I cannot try to fix this.