Re: Emacs taking long long time for M-x memory-report

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs taking long long time for M-x memory-report
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 18:10:13 +0300

* Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> [2021-04-02 18:07]:
> I am observing that M-x memory-report is notw taking long time, like
> more than 3 minutes. It did not finish yet while I am writing this.

It failed first time. I have just seen split window open without any
information. There was message "Quit".

It seems that I got memory or swapping problem again. I am using
master.

P.S. This is one of situations where I need to use Zile or Vi as
invoking new instance of Emacs would be very slow, it would take
minutes.

In background, on second invokation of M-x memory-report, I can still
see "Gathering data..." it is gathering data for several minutes.

Is there anything I can do to provide information so that developers
may debug it?

Jean