Re: Sv: Emacs HTTP libraries [was: Re: How to contribute new package to

From: Daniel Brooks
Subject: Re: Sv: Emacs HTTP libraries [was: Re: How to contribute new package to GNU ELPA?]
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 09:09:20 -0700

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

>     Daniel>     curl "imap://<username>:<password>@<your imap
> server>/INBOX;UID=<NNNN>"
>
> OK, so itʼs "pretend IMAP is a weird kind of http". Finding out what
> UID to use requires a little more work.

That’s right. Useful if you find yourself needing to automate an email
task using shell scripts, but not much more. There are nicer ways to
write that same automation inside Emacs already, so I doubt there would
be much call for it. On the other hand, I’m sure someone can think of a
use for the RTSP support.

Similarly, there are features that libwget has which can already be done
in Emacs, such as parsing HTML and CSS.

db48x