Re: Some minor suggestions to Tab Bar

From: Gabriel
Subject: Re: Some minor suggestions to Tab Bar
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 21:28:15 -0300

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

> As a first stab at tab faces, now there are 3 new faces:
>
> - tab-bar-tab-group-current
> - tab-bar-tab-group-inactive
> - tab-bar-tab-ungrouped
>
> and two new options:
>
> - tab-bar-tab-face-function
> - tab-bar-tab-group-face-function
>
> The latter can be used for color-coding, e.g. by assigning a distinctive
> color to each group of tabs.
>
> I'm striving to make only minimal changes in the core library
> and to provide enough knobs for easy customization.
>
> Please try this to see if there is still anything missing.

I tested the recent additions to tab-bar.el and everything looks great!
Works flawless and there are enough knobs for customization. I am not
sure what are good default values for the user options and faces, but
it's flexible enough to allow a long range of customizations.

I will continue to test it and let you know if I find any problem or
have any suggestion.