Re: Any way to tell Emacs how to open specific URIs?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Any way to tell Emacs how to open specific URIs?
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 00:24:39 +0300

* Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> [2020-11-28 23:03]:

> >> I'm not exactly sure if I understand the question, but maybe
> >> `browse-url-handlers' (Emacs 28 only) is what you are looking for
> >> (assuming that clicking on an URL with goto-browse-mode does calls
> >> `browse-url').
> >
> > Yes, thank you, Lars added it recently. Great.
>
> Oh really?  I was pretty sure that I added it! ;-)
>
> Anyway, great that it does the trick.  Feel free to ask if anything is
> unclear.

Then if you added it, good! Thank you. Maybe I have mistaken
something from reading the bug reports. That is great feature and
allows automatic hyperlinks in any mode.

browse-url-handler is called URLl handler but in reality it then
handles rather URIs, not only URLs and if feature is new and still in
development, maybe you should reconsider the naming of the variable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Resource_Identifier