Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 15:54:27 +0000

That's a basic thing to learn when you use Emacs. And it's easy to understand: the echo area is for "status messages" with which you do not interact (and this is visible because the point does not leave the buffer in which you are), minibuffers are for "commands" with which you interact (and this is visible because the point moves from the buffer in which you are to the miniwindow).

It's not so easy. With Emacs 26, 'y-or-n-p' still used the echo area for answering questions.

Okay, there are (or rather, IIUC, there were) exceptions to that general rule ;-) But I think you meant Emacs 25 and earlier, with my Emacs 26 y-or-n-p does use the minibuffer.